Friday 11 July 2014

SPORT NEWS: I WON'T STAY OUT OF SYMPATHY— KESHI

http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Stephen-Keshi-1.jpg


Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi has said he won’t accept any new contract from the Nigeria Football Association to handle the Super Eagles again unless they keep to his conditions.The ‘Big Boss’ revealed that there are many violated clauses in the initial contract with the NFA and will guard against such this time.

“If they (NFA) agree to my condition, why not? ,” Keshi stated.“I have started something here in Nigeria which I would love to finish if everything comes good but if not, I will like to move my trade to somewhere else, It is always a good experience when you go out there and do something different.“It is not just South Africa that want me only that they are the ones that have gone to the media to make it public, lots of countries want me, if nothing good comes out I will move my trade elsewhere.“No need to bring in sympathy here, I have served this country very well. It is about professionalism now.
The former coach of Mali and Togo also complained bitterly about some of the contractual terms that have been violated by the nation’s football-ruling body.“The definition of a contract is when two parties talk and agree on what is suitable and not suitable.“You cannot just give me an offer and say sign and I will sign, it does not make sense.“Any trip I take to United States to see my family is from my pocket, for a year and half I have been paying my assistant coach Valeri salary, which is not supposed to be, Silvanus Okpala not in the team for no reason,” he said.
Keshi should remain as coach —Ikhana
Enyimba coach, Kadiri Ikhana, has said Stephen Keshi deserves to continue his job as the head coach of the Super Eagles.Keshi announced after Nigeria’s 2-0 defeat by   France in the second round of the ongoing World Cup in Brazil on Monday that his time as Nigeria coach had ended because his contract was not renewed by the Nigeria Football Federation.However, Ikhana said the former Eagles captain should have been offered a new contract to continue the work he started with the team.
Elderson: World Cup disappointment over
Elderson Echiejile has said he has put behind him the disappointment of missing out on the 2014 World Cup and has flown to Austria with his French club AS Monaco for pre-season training.Last month, Elderson suffered a muscle injury during a World Cup warm-up against Greece in the United States of America, which effectively ruled him out of Brazil 2014.“I am very happy that I’m fit again after my injury before the World Cup.“I would have loved to be at the World Cup, but it was not meant to be.“I have put behind me the disappointment of missing out on the World Cup and my focus is now on establishing myself at my club.
Okwuosa targets 2015 AFCON
South Africa-based defender James Okwuosa has stated that he hopes his form at newly promoted Chippa United will earn him a place on Nigeria squad for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations.The former Enugu Rangers skipper was part of the Super Eagles squad in the qualifying tournament for Brazil 2014, but he was eventually overlooked for the championship.“I want a return to the Eagles and I hope that my performance at Chippa United by God's grace will help me make the AFCON final squad," Okwuosa said.
Fifa sets deadline for Nigeria
The world football governing body, Fifa, has handed Nigeria a deadline until Tomorrow to reinstate the football federation headed by Aminu Maigari or face suspension from the sport internationally.
Fifa, in a letter dated July 4 and signed by its secretary general Jerome Valcke, stated that it understands that "the NFA has been served with court processes and that consequently an order restraining the President of the NFA, his Executive Committee members and the NFA Congress from running the affairs of Nigerian football has been granted by a High Court of the Federal Republic of Nigeria."
The international football body also noted that the Nigeria minister of sports [Tamuno Danagogo] has appointed "an assistant director [Lawrence Katken] to take charge of the NFA."
Fifa also clearly stated in its letter that the happenings in Nigeria are "preventing the NFA from managing its affairs independently" without external influence as under articles 13 of its statutes.
The football body advised the troubled NFA president to inform "the relevant authorities" in Nigeria of its position and "the potential adverse consequences" that would befall the country's football.Nigeria now stands the risk of being thrown out of international football activities, which will mean a blackout for the different national teams as well as clubs. Source Emmanuel Josiah 

No comments:

Post a Comment