Friday 11 July 2014

GET INSPIRED: MY STORY

http://25.media.tumblr.com/d402988b1cf2cdad7f45e6761001ff93/tumblr_mug7sku2R01som5q2o1_500.jpg


As I sit down to reflect on my Life, I can't help but shed tears of Joy. I remember my humble beginnings and how it all started. I remember those days when my Mum and I would hawk 'ICE WATER' in the market of Ondo town just to enable us eat.
It was indeed a pathetic experience, attending over 7 secondary schools just because my parents could not afford to pay our tuition (My Siblings and I). I vividly recollect how my Dad would toil all day and borrow from almost everyone to be able to pay our tuitions and several times we missed classes as a result of been sent out of school.

I remember I was not just an ordinary member in the Nigerian Institute of Chartered Hawkers, but I'd risen to be to be an Associate Fellow in 'Hawking' and also badged an MBA from the 'Hawking International Academy' with over 7 years of experience in Hawking 'ICE WATER' 'ELUBO' 'KEROSINE' and many more.

As a young boy, I would wake up very early in the morning to follow my mum to her mini poultry farm, fetch water from the long distanced river for the fowls to drink, clean the pig's houses and regularly pack their faeces. And immediately after doing that I'll proceed to the farm to cultivate, plant or weed the maize, cassava and pepper plantation.

What a really tragic experience! Growing up for me was really rough. I went through several difficult moments as a young child. A particular. experience I cannot forget in a hurry was when I was in my 'Voyage 3' (third Year) back in my Tertiary School - AFRICAN MARITIME ACADEMY. {Ooh... In case you don't know, I'm a PROUD Alumni of AMA. Got Certified as a Marine Engineer, Class 2008}

I had been broke (out of cash) for more that two weeks and have been living on the mercy of friends and room mates. So that night, I decided to put a call through to my dad. I wanted to share with him what I was going through and to cry for help. I could not afford to call during the day so I waited till night to use a friend's phone to make free midnight calls {Mtn XtraCool}.

While on the phone with my dad, I spoke as loud as I could just to emphasize the level of my hurdles, it never occurred to me that I was shouting and that my voice had woken almost everyone in the room. And while I was still on the phone, one of my room mates shouted and said something that struck me. Something I may never forget in life. Let me quote him exactly what he said in yoruba;

Daddy, e wa mu omo yin koro nibi ti e ba le send owo onje lasan si. Kii se dandan ko kawe. {MEANING - Daddy, come and take your son from here if you cannot send even feeding money to him. It's not compulsory he attends a tertiary institution}. What he said triggered the entire roomies to laugh and I became a laughing stock. That night, I cried my eyes out. Thanks to my friend & bunk-mate, Alabi Adedayo Taofeek (aka Mr Xtra) who consoled me and assured me all will be well. I can't count how many times he fed me while in the Academy

And today as I look back at the experiences, I must say that 'ALL IS INDEED WELL'. I might not be where I want to be but the truth is I am not where I used to be. I'm indeed grateful to God for how far he has taken me.

Today I've several reasons to be grateful to him. Permit me to mention a few. Not because I wanna show off but because I'm indeed grateful for these accomplishments and to inspire you that your background is not qualified to put you on the ground.

Today I'm a Transformational Speaker and have had the privilege of speaking to over 50,000 people altogether from different countries and have climbed several podiums of various Tertiary Institutions across Nigeria, many Churches and Corporate Organisations.

I'm also a Fast-Selling Author of the remarkable, life transforming book titled; LIFE'S 5 BIGGEST QUESTIONS with several copies sold both locally and internationally. I run an organization and sits as the Lead Strategist for this growing conglomerate, VAS-MEN GLOBAL NETWORK, a Brand growing viral everyday with certified staffs.

I'm presently a Brand Ambassador for 5 blue-chip companies, appointed as the Deputy Career Counsellor for an International Resource Centre, Global Quality Career Centre (GQCC), Ikorodu Lagos and just been newly appointed as member of the board of directors for Ilupeju Achievers Lions Club.

I'm also a Active member of more than 20 NGOs and have been involved in over 1000 Nation building Projects. I recently singled-handedly sponsored a BIG project tagged; SAM'S CLIQ DONATES BLOOD. Where we had several people come to Ondo town General Hospital to donate blood for FREE and inturn got several gifts and award courtesy of my Organization.

I also presently run two major radio programs 'Airplane Of Achievers' and 'Patriotic Millionaires Forum'  on www.wigradio.com and a TV program; 60 Minutes With Great Men' soon to be aired on Dstv. I've been honoured with several appearances on National TV
and Radios as Guest and i'm presently working on a Nation Building 'First-Of-Its-Kind' TV Reality Show for Teenagers tagged 'TEENS XPLORE'

Finally, i'm a PROUD lover and TRUE Worshipper of God and his Ministry and thus have served in various ministerial capacities both in my present place of worship and the previous ones.

See, the list is JUST too endless. Really endless. I can't count all I've been able to accomplish just in this short while all because of several Mentors and God that made it happen for me.

And just like i said earlier, I AM NOT WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT I AM NOT WHERE I USED TO BE! I've had my mistakes, I've failed and still failing, but ONE thing has kept me moving, 'GOD's GRACE'. I'll keep going even in the middle of the crisis and storms.

Each experience has taught me and moulded me. I'm a product of God's craft-work and I'm still MORE in the making. Yes, the beautiful ones of 'ME' is not yet born but already conceived.

So I hope my short story has inspired you to get UP & keep moving because the truth is; No matter how Bad it is or how Bad it gets, #You will make it! So say this loud & loud enough:

IT IS NOT OVER...UNTIL 'I' WIN (3ce)

I believe in YOU and all we can achieve together if we continue with the power of synergy. I believe Nigeria will be a better Nation because of you and I. God BLESS YOU! Thank you for reading.

I see a New Nigeria emerge soon!
Nigeria shall ARISE!

Your SUCCESS Partner - Lion Amb Sam AFOLABI

No comments:

Post a Comment